According to a recent survey, approximately 96% of employers do at least one type of background check on all of their employees. DataScreening makes it very easy for you with our automated process, streamlining your entire workflow. All searches and services can be customized to fit the needs of all companies and industries, regardless of size and budget.
Our FCRA Certified consultants can help you with deciding what searches to run and to create any number of packages for you. There is no cost for us to create any type of package or any number of packages. And packages can be changed at any time; done within minutes, not hours or days.
Criminal & Legal Record Searches
A physical search reporting the 7-year history of felony and misdemeanor court records in the county requested. Multiple counties may be selected, which may be found by zip code entry. Searching the county of residence and prior counties of employment or education is a universally recommended practice. A social security search is also recommended to establish the legitimacy of the address provided by the applicant.
When a physical search is performed, a correspondent from Data Screening will go to the courthouse in the county selected and pull a real-time file on the individual. Turnaround 1-3 days.
Drug Screening & Occupational Testing
Commercial Driver’s License Information System (CDLS) allows employers to comply with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requirements by searching within the Commercial Driver’s License Information System. This searches for any prior licenses, current CDL and up to three prior licenses held by said individual. The Commercial Driving Records Search provides present jurisdictional state and driver’s license number; name; DOB; Social Security Number match; up to three previously held CDL numbers; and AKA information.
Mandated by the Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Act (CMVSA) of 1986, CDLIS supports the issuance of Commercial Driver Licenses (CDL) by the jurisdictions, and assists jurisdictions in meeting the goals of the basic tenet “that each driver, nationwide, have only one driver license and one record” through the cooperative exchange of commercial driver information between jurisdictions. All states are required to subscribe to this database. Turnaround Instant.
Credit & Social Security Searches
Federal plus one state of residence
Federal plus all 50 states
The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and The General Services Administration (GSA) search uses the US Dept. of Health and Human Services and the Office of Inspector General’s database for individuals and businesses excluded or sanctioned from participating in Medicare, Medicaid, or other federally funded programs. The search is also comprised of the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA). This search is a historical search as opposed to the United States Government’s search which removes names. Turnaround instant.
- U.S. Wants & Warrants - Data from compiled records containing information on over 600 fugitives. Information is taken from the FBI Most Wanted, U.S. Marshals Most Wanted, Secret Service Most Wanted, and The D.E.A Fugitives List.
- Interpol Most Wanted - The persons concerned are wanted by national jurisdictions (or the International Criminal Tribunals, where appropriate), and Interpol’s role is to assist the national police forces in identifying or locating those persons with a view to their arrest and extradition.
- European Union Terrorism Sanctions List - List, maintained by the European Union, of known terrorists subject to financial sanctions.
- Health and Human Services Exclusions List - Office of the Inspector General List of 34,855 individuals excluded from participation in federally-funded health care programs dating back to 1980.
- Debarred Parties List - National Security Debarred List consists of persons (including entities and individuals) who have been convicted of violating or conspiracy to violate the Arms Export Control Act (AECA). These persons are prohibited from participating directly or indirectly in the export of defense articles (including technical data) and defense services.
- Denied Person List - Data from the U.S. Department of Commerce on persons whose export Privileges are denied by federal written order.
- Bank of England Sanctions List - List published by The Bank of England, the central bank of the United Kingdom, containing the names of individuals against which financial sanctions have been imposed. Targets have been listed by the UN, European Union and the United Kingdom under legislation relating to Al-Qaeda & Taliban, Burma/Myanmar, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia & Serbia, Iraq, Liberia, Terrorism and Zimbabwe.
- Australian Reserve Bank Sanctions List - List published by Australian Reserve bank to freeze the assets of known terrorists. The list includes individuals listed in the UN Consolidated list, plus unique individuals designated by Australia’s Minister for Foreign Affairs.
- Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS) - OTS is the primary regulator of all federally chartered and many state-chartered thrift institutions. The OTS enforcement actions list is a directory of actions levied against institutions & affiliated parties.
- Canadian Sanctions List (OFSI) - List of names, maintained by Canada’s Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions, of individuals sanctioned under new Canadian and United Nations anti-terrorism measures.
- United Nations Consolidated Sanctions List - List of individuals upon whom United Nations Sanctions have been imposed based on new anti-terrorism measures.
- World Bank List of Ineligible Individuals - List of individuals who are ineligible to be awarded World Bank-financed contacts because of violation like bank fraud and corruption policies.