What Can Giving Gifts to Clients Do for Your Business?
Without clients, your business would not exist. Showing your appreciation especially during the season of gift-giving is more than just participating in a ritual. It is leverage for your business.
- Offering a gift shows your service providers you are thankful for the services they performed for you and your business during the year.
- It keeps you top of mind (though this should not be the purpose for sending a gift).
- More subtly, it shows you are invested in their success, and you were grateful for the opportunity to move them toward that end.
- It gives you a reason to connect. Any conversation may elicit more ways in which you can serve them.
8 Tips to choose the right gifts:
- Set a spending limit
- It’s okay to be personal but not intimate
- It’s best to offer shareable gifts
- Keep in mind the company culture and diversity
- Be mindful of beliefs and faiths
- Consider posting information with food items (such as gluten, nut-free, dairy-free, etc.)
- If the number of employees is small, consider a gift card that can be used anywhere
- Always include a personally written thank-you for your business card with each gift.
Before you do anything, verify a company’s policy on gift-giving. Most military, government or unionized organizations may frown up the practice. In any instance, you want to show goodwill and not make anyone uncomfortable.
DataScreening is a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise that has offered business-to-business employment and tenant screenings to human resource professionals and business owners, including staffing companies, for two decades. Among other organizations, they are members of the ASA (American Staffing Association), SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) and the NAPBS (National Association of Professional Background Screeners).